Re: ldapsearch query.

Hi Joanquin,

        Thank you for the reply, but I wouldn't know what are the entries
that contain the ou=local, in my example there is one more ou=local under
ou=payroll.
Sorry if the picture was misaligned.

Thanks,
Bandi.

Joaquin Henriquez Alzola wrote:

> Hi Sridhar,
>
> Try
>
> ldapsearch -h <hostname> -p <port> -b "ou=local,ou=finance,o=co.lnc"
> '(objectclass=*)'
>
> BR,
>
> Joaquin
>
> On jueves, octu 23, 2003, at 16:40 Europe/Madrid, Sridhar Bandi wrote:
>
> > Hello All,
> >
> >     I want to retrieve all the entries that match a search filter
> >     and that are below that matched entry.  i.e if I have a tree
> >     as follows, then I should get all the entries under the subtrees
> >     which match "ou=local".
> >
> >                                        o=co.Inc
> >                    -----------------------
> >                    |                                                  |
> >             ou=finance                               ou=payroll
> >                    |                                                  |
> >              ou=local                                   ou=local
> >              |            |
> > |               |
> >              |            |
> > |               |
> >         cn=Bob   cn=Alice                 cn=Mary   cn=John
> >

> > Can someone help me in getting the entries in a single search
> > instead of first getting all the entries that matches ou=local and
> > then searching for the entries that are under those subtrees.
> >

> > Thanks in Advance.
> >
> > Regards
> > Bandi.
> >

> > <bandis.vcf>
begin:vcard
n:Bandi;Sridhar
tel;home:91-80-5266263
tel;work:91-80-2052886
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Hewlett Packard;SNSL India-ISEC
version:2.1
email;internet:bandis@india.hp.com
adr;quoted-printable:;;29c=3B HP=3B;bangalore;;560052;India
x-mozilla-cpt:;26624
fn:Sridhar Bandi
end:vcard