Re: Looking for proven version

Nathan Ehresman wrote:

My current approach is to play with the kernel to see if
that's what could be causing it.  Last Friday (the 17th) I rebooted into a
2.4.22 stock kernel.org kernel

Halleluiah! That's always been my experience, since day two on this rig (on day one RH 7.2 crapped out), 18 months ago. And comparing with other standard RH rigs. Critical RH stuff you always compile on your own machine, from the kernel downwards. And yes, I install *everything* as self-made or shop-bought rpms.

--Tonni

--
Tony Earnshaw

Once the camel's head has entered your tent,
it's very difficult to stop the rest of the
animal from following it

http://www.billy.demon.nl
Mail: tonye-at-billy.demon.nl