Re: kpasswd

Frank Swasey wrote:

=0] Failure: Invalid credentials
Oct 21 08:39:41 marmot slapd[13907]: SASL [conn=0] Error: unable to open Berkeley db /etc/sasldb2: No such file or directory

As far as that goes (has nothing to do with your problem, sorry Frank) I had the same in slapd.log, using Postfix 2.0.16 as SASL LDAP client. For every new connection. I got fed up with seeing it, did 'touch /etc/sasldb2', 'postmap /etc/sasldb2' (made a BDB hash file next to it), 'mv /etc/sasldb2.db /etc/sasldb2' and now the messages have gone away :))) If you're going to use LDAP, you're going to use LDAP and not a BDB DB.

Who needs to own and what should the permissions be on
/usr/lib/sasl2/slapd.conf?

I don't have one as far as Postfix is concerned (I have an smtpd.conf and root - the smtpd daemon UID - owns that, perms 0600). My slapd (2.1.23) works perfectly well without an slapd.conf.

--Tonni

--
Tony Earnshaw

Once the camel's head has entered your tent,
it's very difficult to stop the rest of the
animal from following it

http://www.billy.demon.nl
Mail: tonye-at-billy.demon.nl