Re: kpasswd

Frank Swasey wrote:

=0] Failure: Invalid credentials
Oct 21 08:39:41 marmot slapd[13907]: SASL [conn=0] Error: unable to open Berkeley db /etc/sasldb2: No such file or directory

As far as that goes (has nothing to do with your problem, sorry Frank) I had the same in slapd.log, using Postfix 2.0.16 as SASL LDAP client. For every new connection. I got fed up with seeing it, did 'touch /etc/sasldb2', 'postmap /etc/sasldb2' (made a BDB hash file next to it), 'mv /etc/sasldb2.db /etc/sasldb2' and now the messages have gone away :))) If you're going to use LDAP, you're going to use LDAP and not a BDB DB.

Who needs to own and what should the permissions be on

I don't have one as far as Postfix is concerned (I have an smtpd.conf and root - the smtpd daemon UID - owns that, perms 0600). My slapd (2.1.23) works perfectly well without an slapd.conf.

Tony Earnshaw

Once the camel's head has entered your tent,
it's very difficult to stop the rest of the
animal from following it

Mail: tonye-at-billy.demon.nl