Re: Looking for proven version

--On Tuesday, October 21, 2003 7:21 PM +0700 Beast <indorama@rad.net.id> wrote:

I'm looking for already proven version of software combination (OS+OL
and other if necessary) for directory server which can handle this
kind of load or any advise success story if you're using same config
and able to handle more load.

We run OpenLDAP-2.1.22 on SunFire V120's running Solaris 8. Our database has 65k+ entries in the account tree, and 235k+ entries in the person tree. 3 of our OpenLDAP servers are dedicated entirely to delivering mail. They service approximately 1 million queries a day. For our backend, we use BDB rather than ldbm. We have no problems. I've read over the continuing threads on this, and we have not had to take the drastic steps you have done either... We use "dnscache" as our local caching daemon (works great) and we enable tcpwrappers.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer