Re: Install Help

Whenever anything goes wrong in configure, I always delete the entire source directory tree and unpack the distribution tarball again. That's a brute-force way to be sure that there is nothing "cached" from the previous failed configure. There may be a more elegant way to do that but this way is foolproof.

Also you may need to look at your LD_LIBRARY_PATH, LDFLAGS, CCFLAGS, and CPPFLAGS to be sure it's finding and using your newly-build BerkeleyDB 4.1 and not whatever RedHat has installed by default.