make test008-concurrency on dual PIII 800 hangs

Title: make test008-concurrency on dual PIII 800 hangs

I'll try again:)

Has anyone out there successfully compiled and run (including the make test target) OpenLDAP 2.1.22 on Linux 9 (or any Linux) on a MULTI-CPU machine?  MOST of the time my build hangs on the test008-concurrency.  I've been very careful to specify LD_LIBRARY_PATH and CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS for the build and I've tried using the Redhat 9 default SASL, KRB, BDB as well as the most recent versions.  I'm NOT particularly experienced at compiling opensource stuff on Linux and spend most of my life as a Java and DB programmer, not compiling native stuff on Linux so any help that could be provided for debugging the hanging process would be great.  How do I determine what the process is blocking on?  How do I double check that the compiled executable is loading the correct libraries (I'm compiling with mostly default options so I assume that BDB is statically linked per the docs and since strace shows no libdb load).  I've been fighting this for two weeks now and there's only so much compile, test, clean, compile, test, clean a guy can do.

I have downloaded and run on the Redhat Rawhide OpenLDAP 2.1.22 rpm and dependencies from the Redhat FTP site but I'd feel better compiling my own, particularly since many of our machines are Sun and we may use it there too.

HELP!!!

Thanks in advance!

Jamey

James Courtney