[no subject]

I'm attempting to access a new Exchange 2K server running ldap for extracting information about my company's employees. Exchange 5.5 allowed anonymous ldap connections, so the command was simply
ldapsearch -h ldapserver uid=xxxxxxx
However, security has been tightened in Exchange 2K and anonymous users are no longer permitted. I downloaded the most recent stable version of openldap (2.1.22) and tried compiling with the --with-cyrus-sasl flag so that I could use the -X flag on the ldapsearch command.
The configure command comes back stating "Could not locate Cyrus SaSL".
I tried using --with-cyrus-sasl=/path/to/cyrus, but it complained that it was not a proper option..
Any clue to this? TIA

Gary Every
Sr. UNIX Administrator
Ingram Entertainment