RE: OpenSSL + Kerberos + Cyrus-SASL + OpenLDAP

Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@stanford.edu> wrote:

> --On Monday, October 13, 2003 8:34 PM -0400 Jim Seymour

> > Uhm... no?  I'm buildin' the whole shootin' match from the start,
> > Quanah.  (And I've only a vague notion of what the hell I'm doin',
> > too.  I'm truly a n00b in the woods, here ;).)
> >

> Oh, I misread your comment on enabling BDB in heimdal. :)

No, I started out wondering if I needed to enable Keberos in OpenSSL.

I imagine I *do* want to enable BDB in Heimdal, no?  Otherwise my
choices are NDBM (as I commented earlier: ISTM I've often heard Sun's
NDBM isn't to be trusted?) or using LDAP, which rather strikes me as
putting the cart before the horse (unless I'm totally off the rails--
which could well be) and a needless (?) complication.  (No offense
to those who do it that way intended.)

--
Jim Seymour                  | PGP Public Key available at:
jseymour@LinxNet.com         | http://www.uk.pgp.net/pgpnet/pks-commands.html