[Date Prev][Date Next]
RE: OpenSSL + Kerberos + Cyrus-SASL + OpenLDAP
- To: "Quanah Gibson-Mount" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: RE: OpenSSL + Kerberos + Cyrus-SASL + OpenLDAP
- From: "James Courtney" <Jcourtney@inphonic.com>
- Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 11:44:17 -0700
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcORtZkpKFA5QU9DQjaSBJ15lBFWfwAA+wlw
- Thread-topic: OpenSSL + Kerberos + Cyrus-SASL + OpenLDAP
What versions of the various components are we talking about? Would the threading issues described for MIT K5 be the possible cause of my OpenLDAP 2.1.22 test008-concurrency lock ups? Thanks!
[mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org]On Behalf Of Quanah
Sent: Monday, October 13, 2003 11:01 AM
Subject: Re: OpenSSL + Kerberos + Cyrus-SASL + OpenLDAP
--On Monday, October 13, 2003 1:32 PM -0400 Jim Seymour
> No offense intended, Simon, but I try to use un-third-party-patched
> stuff as much as I can, where production systems are concerned.
> But I will take your comments under advisement... *urg* especially as
> I observed, as I was typing this, that the Heimdal Kerberos build just
> chocked with a couple of ``missing terminating " character'' errors
> :/. *sigh*
> I had a feeling this was going to be a hair-pulling exercise :(. And
> me with not much left to pull...
Yeah, that's a bug that was ignored in gcc2 but gcc3 complains about.
One other note. You need to compile Heimdal with:
CCFLAGS="-O2 -D_REENTRANT" for it to be thread safe
Also, in lib/roken/resolv.c, you want to delete the line:
#undef HAVE_RES_NSEARCH around line 47.
Principal Software Developer
GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html