Performance Question

Hi,

I am considering using OpenLDAP to support a Web authentication
application with about one million users. What I am not clear
about is wether the performance of OpeanLDAP is capable of supporting
such a huge population.

After googling for a while, I found a evaluation report done at
University of Salford (U.K.). The report is titled
"A comparative performance analysis of  7 lightweight directory
access protocol directories". The report evaluated performances
of several LDAP server software, including OpenLDAP v2.0.23.

John X. Y.