RE: Trying to get the ldapdb plugin working.

I mean the SASL server's realm. When the SASL server (e.g. imapd) provides a
realm the slapd realm is ignored. When sparams->user_realm is set,
sasl_canon_user automatically appends it to an unqualified username. The name
that the auxprop receives will thus already be fully qualified; the auxprop
plugin doesn't need to do anything with sparams->user_realm by itself. If
cyrus-imapd strips realms that were explicitly provided by the client user,
that's a separate problem and can't be fixed in an auxprop plugin.

 -- Howard Chu