Can slave forward a modify request to the Master ?

Hi All
I still struggle with my Master Slave replicas. I looks that the
applications
I use are not able to deal with the updateref the received from the slaver
server.
E.g PHPLdapAdmin throw a error my Horde Adressbook (Turba) seems to
make nothing.
Is it possible the the slave replica acts as proxy for the client. Instead
returning
the updateref it can proward the request and the return the result ?

If this is not possible maybe one know a LDAP Proxy that execly do this ?

Thanx Thorsten