Re: Greater-equal/Less-than-equal comparisons

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Dieter Kluenter <dieter@dkluenter.de> wrote:

> sn and uidNumber have no ordering rule but a substring matching rule.

Thanks for the response!  I'm not sure I understand precisely what you

Do you mean I could add an ORDERING rule (I didn't realize there was such
a thing) to the schema and it would start to work?  If so, do I need any
special kind of index in slapd.conf to support that?

Or do you mean that the types that sn and uidNumber are based on
( and .27, it looks like) cannot do ordering
in OpenLDAP and I'm out of luck?

Brent J. Nordquist <b-nordquist@bethel.edu> N0BJN
Other contact information: http://kepler.acns.bethel.edu/~bjn/contact.html
* Fast pipe * Always on * Get out of the way - Tim Bray http://tinyurl.com/7sti