Re: referral missing

Pieterjan Heyse wrote:

I am trying to set up an openLDAP server to use with thebat and
outlook (address book), but am running onto some problems.

when I try to import the ldif I need for addrbook
(http://www.archonet.com/addrbook/) I get this error :

mailserver:/usr/local/src/addrbook-0.9.0# ldapadd  -x -D "cn=admin, dc=scheppers-wetteren, dc=be" -W -f ldap.ldif
Enter LDAP Password:
adding new entry "o=scheppers-wetteren, c=be"
ldapadd: update failed: o=scheppers-wetteren, c=be
ldap_add: Server is unwilling to perform (53)
        additional info: referral missing

[...]

Ok, so this is my slapd.conf (edited , shortened)

[...]

# Specific Backend Directives for bdb:
# Backend specific directives apply to this backend until another
# 'backend' directive occurs
backend         bdb
database        bdb
suffix          "dc=scheppers-wetteren,dc=be"

You are telling ldapadd to add an entry for which your database suffix isn't configured. See they aren't the same? They have to be.

dn: o=scheppers-wetteren, c=be
objectClass: organization
o: scheppers-wetteren
dn: ou=internal, o=scheppers-wetteren, c=be
objectClass: organizationalUnit
ou: internal

The above will never work. Think of the whole thing as a chain. You have to begin with the first link and add a link at a time. Each link is called an objectClass. Understand what an objectClass is, what an attribute is and how certain attributes belong to certain objectClasses. Furthermore, understand what what the differences are between structural and auxiliary objectClasses.

I strongly advise you to begin with the examples in the Admin doc at www.openldap.org. Make that work, then you'll see that it can, and you can go on from there.

Best,

--Tonni

--
Tony Earnshaw

Once the camel's head has entered your tent,
it's very difficult to stop the rest of the
animal from following it

http://www.billy.demon.nl
Mail: billy-at-billy.demon.nl