Re: Multiple Search Paths

Thanks Howard;
However, one of my prime requirements is that all setups must work with standard installations. No client customizations (ie: additional software) allowed. This envirnoment is such that we do not have that kind of control over all the clients. So I have to work to the lowest possible denominator.

And it DOES work on the Solaris client, attached to the OpenLDAP server. So I know OpenLDAP is capable of serving it up.
I thought it was a trivial thing. It's neraly something that I'd consider a basic feature, and I was just missing the syntax (not much documentation on the ldap client setup around).

Howard Chu wrote:

This is a feature that Symas added to PADL's pam_ldap and nss_ldap several
months ago. If you're using a RedHat bundled version, you need to upgrade to
PADL's current versions before you can take advantage of this feature as
RedHat (and most Linux distros) bundles very old releases of this software.
You also should be asking this on a pam or nss mailing list; please direct
followups there.

 -- Howard Chu