[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Ldap Services Permission
- Subject: Re: Ldap Services Permission
- From: Andre Luis Fogagnoli <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 11:05:42 -0300
- Cc: List-OpenLdap <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- In-reply-to: <20030929193517.GR26258@conectiva.com.br>
- References: <email@example.com> <20030929193517.GR26258@conectiva.com.br>
Thanks for your answer,
But how I specify in LDAP what services the user can or can't use. You
tell me that application will have to check the permission, how I check,
and how I put in LDAP what services the user can use, with one entry??
On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 16:35, Andreas wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 04:00:01PM -0300, Andre Luis Fogagnoli wrote:
> > Does anyone know how to setup a permission in LDAP for a services in my
> > computer. For example, one user have permission to login but not to
> > webmail, or another user have permission to login and use a webmail.
> Your application will have to check that. For example, your webmail should
> check with the ldap server if that user is allowed to access the webmail
> In this case, ldap will just be a repository of information, it's up to
> the applications to make use of it.
> One exception is for services which use pam_ldap, you could play with
> the "host" attribute I guess, but I never used it so I wouldn't know
> exactly how fine grained this is.
Andre Luis Fogagnoli
Bastion Security Systems