default location of files

Hi,

just a short question:
when I ./configure OpenLDAP, I expect the following meaning to the options:

--datadir=DIR           read-only architecture-independent data in DIR [PREFIX/share]
=> ucdata/

--sysconfdir=DIR        read-only single-machine data in DIR [PREFIX/etc]
=> slapd.conf, schema/

--sharedstatedir=DIR    modifiable architecture-independent data in DIR [PREFIX/com]
=> openldap-data/, openldap-slurp/

--localstatedir=DIR     modifiable single-machine data in DIR [PREFIX/var]
=> ldapi=, slapd.pid

I know that this isn't the case, but is this the way it should be, or is there
a rationale for the current locations that I don't know?

Thanks for your help
  Oliver