Re: newbie

sonjaya@stud.che.itb.ac.id wrote:
hi there ,
1 .i try to instal openldap 2.1.22 using my linux box ( redhat 9.0 ) every
i configure i get error message like this :
[root@it openldap-2.1.22]# ./configure
checking for db.h... yes
checking for Berkeley DB link (default)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb41)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-41)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4.1)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4-1)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb4)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb)... yes
checking for Berkeley DB thread support... yes
checking Berkeley DB version for BDB backend... no
configure: error: BDB: BerkeleyDB version incompatible
what should i do ?
I got a similar error (on gentoo) when my db.h file was incorrect. Many distros keep multiple versions of berkeleyDB due to migrataion issues. Check if you have dirs like db1 db3 db4 under /usr/include and make sure your /usr/include/db.h matches /usr/include/db4.x?/db.h.

2.then i newbie so what kind manual i must read about ldap :
what is LDAP_BASEDN,   dc=domain,dc=com
what is LDAP_BINDDN,   cn=root,dc=domain,dc=com
http://www.openldap.org -> Openldap Admin Guide ver. 2.1

3.my office have been installed ms exchange with ldap , can i configure to
second ldap or backup ldap , because i planing user login ( in linux box
)with authentic ldap .
dunno, (probably not)

greetings
 Paul
4. i'm so sory if my question is newbie , because i newbie in ldap ?