newbie

hi there ,
1 .i try to instal openldap 2.1.22 using my linux box ( redhat 9.0 ) every
i configure i get error message like this :
[root@it openldap-2.1.22]# ./configure
checking for db.h... yes
checking for Berkeley DB link (default)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb41)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-41)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4.1)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4-1)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb4)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb)... yes
checking for Berkeley DB thread support... yes
checking Berkeley DB version for BDB backend... no
configure: error: BDB: BerkeleyDB version incompatible
what should i do ?
2.then i newbie so what kind manual i must read about ldap :
what is LDAP_BASEDN,   dc=domain,dc=com
what is LDAP_BINDDN,   cn=root,dc=domain,dc=com
3.my office have been installed ms exchange with ldap , can i configure to
second ldap or backup ldap , because i planing user login ( in linux box
)with authentic ldap .
4. i'm so sory if my question is newbie , because i newbie in ldap ?