OpenLDAP on my Mac

Hi!

I am trying to use the netinfo database under Mac OS 10.2.6
as a Database for an LDAP Server.

I did the following:
in slapd.conf
I changed /var/db/netinfo/network.nidb to /var/db/netinfo/local.nidb
and added LDAPSERVER=-YES- in /etc/hostconfig.

I now have access (anonymous) to the ldap Server with a Java Ldap
Browser.

What does not work so far is that I do net get any search results
when I connect the Address Book to the ldap server.

I tried to start ldap with sudo /usr/libexec/slapd -d 1 and the
lines start running whenever I query from Address Book.
When starting the server with this command I some
"Invalid path" errors.

I also get such an error on a query:

==> netinfo_back_op_result dsstatus=2004 rc=32 msg=DSA2004: Invalid Path
send_ldap_result: conn=2 op=1 p=2
send_ldap_response: msgid=2 tag=101 err=32
ber_flush: 35 bytes to sd 7
<== netinfo_back_op_result
connection_get(7): got connid=2
connection_read(7): checking for input on id=2
ber_get_next
ber_get_next: tag 0x30 len 5 contents:
ber_get_next
ber_get_next on fd 7 failed errno=0 (Undefined error: 0)

Any ideas?

best regards

Sebastian

--
denef.design

Now with photos and info
of my internship in SF:
http://www.denef.de

Sebastian Denef
Fax: +49-6103-310157
Phone: +1-415-7484767

Postal address:
755 Bush Street #300
94108 San Francisco, CA
United States of America

AIM/iChat: sbdenef (incl. audio and video)
mailto:design@denef.de
http://www.denef.de