Multiple bases, with one base including the others

Hi,

If I have the following bases in ldap.conf

BASE    dc=gpc,dc=edu
BASE    dc=employee,dc=gpc,dc=edu
BASE    dc=student,dc=gpc,dc=edu

and I have the 'database' entries in the slapd.conf:

suffix	"dc=gpc,dc=edu"
rootdn	"cn=Manager,dc=gpc,dc=edu"

suffix	"dc=employee,dc=gpc,dc=edu"
rootdn	"cn=Manager,dc=employee,dc=gpc,dc=edu"
database	"....employee"

suffix	"dc=student,dc=gpc,dc=edu'
rootdn	"cn=Manager,dc=student,dc=gpc,dc=edu"
database	"....student"

Note that I did not include a "database" line for the first one.
I could make the first one just be populated/updated with all
the entries from the last two, but I was wondering if there is
a way to have the first one automatically include the entries
in the last two, basically being a superset of the last two.
Is there any way of doing this without having to have the first
one (the master so to speak) have a copy of the other sub ones?
I want to be able to do:

ldapsearch -b 'dc=gpc,dc=edu' -LLL '(uid=jones)' mail

and get the data from both the employee and student ones.

Thanks for any help,
Cheers,
Douglas