RE: The speed of adding an entry is too slow.

Yes.

> 259KB 752B      Total cache size.
> 1       Number of caches.
> 264KB   Pool individual cache size.
> 0       Requested pages mapped into the process' address space.
> 94M     Requested pages found in the cache (95%).
> 4851375 Requested pages not found in the cache.
> 574     Pages created in the cache.
> 4851370 Pages read into the cache.
> 180875  Pages written from the cache to the backing file.
> 4745550 Clean pages forced from the cache.

The above number is the most telling. 4851370 pages were read into the cache,
4745550 clean pages were forced from the cache. The number of clean pages
forced from the cache should always be zero. I.e., you should aim for setting
a cache size such that it's always big enough for the number of pages in use.

> 106346  Dirty pages forced from the cache.
> 0       Dirty pages written by trickle-sync thread.
> 189192  Current total page count.
> 189192  Current clean page count.
> 0       Current dirty page count.
> 37      Number of hash buckets used for page location.
> 104M    Total number of times hash chains searched for a page.
> 11      The longest hash chain searched for a page.
> 196M    Total number of hash buckets examined for page location.
> 245M    The number of hash bucket locks granted without waiting.
> 0       The number of hash bucket locks granted after waiting.
> 0       The maximum number of times any hash bucket lock was
> waited for.
> 19M     The number of region locks granted without waiting.
> 1       The number of region locks granted after waiting.
> 5041316 The number of page allocations.
> 227M    The number of hash buckets examined during allocations
> 231     The max number of hash buckets examined for an allocation
> 4851896 The number of pages examined during allocations
> 48      The max number of pages examined for an allocation

  -- Howard Chu