Re: ldap_add: Naming violation (64) - Nevermind

Ok, I cleaned the fog off my Monday Morning eyes, and caught this one.

Thanks anyway.

Tibbetts, Ric wrote:

Can anyone shed some light on this?
I'm "trying" to add the auto.home entries, and I'm getting a naming violation on an entry that I thought was good. Here's the error:

adding new entry "cn=/,nisMapName=auto.home,ou=Services,o=eng,l=mlb,dc=ldap-test,dc=com"
ldapadd: update failed: cn=/,nisMapName=auto.home,ou=Services,o=eng,l=mlb,dc=ldap-test,dc=com
ldap_add: Naming violation (64)
additional info: value of naming attribute 'cn' is not present in entry

And, here's the ldif I'm trying to add:

dn: nisMapName=auto.home,ou=Services,o=eng,l=mlb,dc=ldap-test,dc=com
objectClass: top
objectClass: nisMap
nisMapName: auto.home

dn: cn=/,nisMapName=auto.home,ou=Services,o=eng,l=mlb,dc=ldap-test,dc=com
objectClass: nisObject
cn: *
nisMapEntry: mengsu01:/export/home/&
nisMapName: auto.home