Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 19:51:15 +0530 (IST)
From: Nair Vinaykumar Balakrishnan <nair@it.iitb.ac.in>
To: daveh@ci.com.au
Subject: Facing a problem with the LDAP installtion

Dear sir,

     i am a student doing my project work. i wanted to install LDAP for
which i also installed the berkley DB 4.1.25 and after installing that i
am getting an error of this type.

 checking for Berkeley DB link (default)... no
 checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb41)... no
 checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-41)... no
 checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4.1)... yes
 checking for Berkeley DB thread support... no
 checking Berkeley DB version for BDB backend... no
 configure: error: BDB: BerkeleyDB version incompatible

	Please can u tell me how to get out of this problem. I request
you, if possible do give an answer to my problem as soon as possible

with regards,
vinay