Re: [Fwd: constant lookups causing a lot of load]

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003, Adam Williams wrote:

> [...]

Increasing the cache doesn't seem to help.  Let me ask a question here.  I
thought that depending on the ordering of what you have in your
nsswitch.conf was supposed to determine at what level things get passed
off to get a positive resolution.  So, if I have:

	group: files ldap

nss_ldap should check files, if it finds what it needs in files then it
stop there and ldap doesn't get touched.  If files fails, then it moves on
to ldap.  This doesn't seems to be the case.  Every person that touches
the web server and every thread that gets spawned causes a lookup in the
ldap database.

Let me know what I'm missing.  I really need to get this fixed as it's
just causing load for no reason at this point.

-jeremy