Oddities with NSS-LDAP

Well, I know this is not directly related with OpenLDAP, but....

I installed and configured NSS-LDAP, and everything seemed to work.
Then we proceeded to load our directory with around 2000 users ( under ou=people,dc=mydomain,dc=com ). Slapcat and ldapsearch confirm everything is loaded properly.

We detected the problem digging through and error with Samba. That has been solved.

Our current "problem": getent passwd truncates answers at around 400 entries.

Samba probably can't get the full user list either, but i'm not worried about that yet.

Is this a known limitation of libnss-ldap? May it be due to a misconfiguration on my part?
our /etc/ldap/ldap.conf contained no params( everything commented out ) and everything is the same after setting a LIMIT_SIZE 0 param there ( as well as the others )

Environment: - OpenLDAP 2.1.22 from Debian's "Sarge" packages. - LibNSS-LDAP 207 from Debian's packages

Any explanation, pointer, suggestion, etc appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
	J.L.