[Date Prev][Date Next]
RE: Use "groupOfNames" to create distribution list with no success
- To: "'Chengkang Chiang'" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: RE: Use "groupOfNames" to create distribution list with no success
- From: "Ron Liu" <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 14:19:35 -0700
- Importance: Normal
- In-reply-to: <C482ECDA8CB5604B8216886A4377561D0145DF@biontidls.biology.sjsu.edu>
- Organization: bio-sjsu.edu
I have similar goal to achieve. But I am thinking to create an attribute
in ldif to group users based on the attribute which is searchable in
outlook. Is anybody know what attribute in ldif would correspond to
"Department:" in outlook?
[mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org] On Behalf Of Chengkang
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2003 10:13 A
Subject: Use "groupOfNames" to create distribution list with no success
I just build a simple OpenLdap server 2.0.27 on RH9,
everything works fine,but I don't know how to create a valid
distribution list to send mails to friends at one time.
After searching internet and old archieves,I think groupOfNames is the
right one for storing couples of email address.Though the object can be
created successfully, my email client (Mozilla mail 1.2 and Evolution
1.44) still can't use them as distribution list,they consider
groupOfNames object as an invaild recipient.
Below is the LDIF file I used for creating mylist object.
Can anybody share his/her experience? Any response will be much