From: Alan Sparks [mailto:asparks@doublesparks.net]
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2003 7:14 AM
To: Damien_Lopez@intuit.com
Cc: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Re: ldapsearch

Lopez, Damien said:
> 	Does ldapsearch need to be linked against libldap and liblber for it
> to work correctly?  The machine I am working on does not and I am having
> some issues with ldapsearch.

It won't, but ldd only shows the libraries if they are dynamically linked.
 If somehow you convinced it to link static, or it somehow found static
libraries to link against, it won't show.  If it's the wrong libraries by
some wierd ituation, you'd have problems.

Perhaps it is not a library problem.  If you could be more specific as to
what is going wrong, maybe that would help.
-Alan

Alan Sparks, UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator    <asparks@doublesparks.net>