Problem with make test

I am looking for some help. I have to become an openLDAP expert in a short amount of time. So, I am looking for help for short and long term.

Long term:
What are some good books on LDAP? I have the O'Reilly and "LDAP Directories Explained" by Arkills.

Short Term:
I am trying to build openLDAP on Redhat 7.3. Here is part of the master.log:

slapd startup: initiated.
bdb_db_open: o=OpenLDAP Project,l=Internet
bdb_db_open: dbenv_open(./test-db)
bdb(o=OpenLDAP Project,l=Internet): mmap: Invalid argument
bdb_db_open: dbenv_open failed: Invalid argument (22)
backend_startup: bi_db_open(0) failed! (22)
slapd shutdown: initiated

Any ideas as to what would cause this?

rod.