Re: DER Encoding Issue

Did you imported your DER file into a keystore and then specified the
location of keystore .

you need to do the following things:-
1) Import your DER file into a Keystore as follows

Use the KeyTool from JDK  to create a KeyStore file. If c:\test\ssl.der
is the certificate filename and c:\test\sslkey.keystore is the KeyStore
filename, the command would be as follows:

keytool -import -file c:\test\ssl.der -keystore c:\test\sslkey.keystore
-alias "type=r.name=sslkey"
This command prompts you for a password to use with the KeyStore file.
2) Then you have to specify the location of the keystore either at
command prompt as follows:-
          java -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=/path/keystoreName.keystore

or specify it in your java program as follows:-

System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStore","/path/keystoreName.keystore");

Refer to sample program at
http://developer.novell.com/ndk/doc/samplecode/jldap_sample/jldap_sample/GetAuthenticated.java.html
for details.

Regards,
-Sunil

>>> "Fernando T. Martins Mano" <fernando@cpts.pucrs.br> 9/1/2003
7:47:04 PM >>>
Hello there

I m trying to use a Java LDAP library to connect (via TLS/SSL) to an
OpenLDAP server. It is required in this library that the certificates
are in DER format, but my certificates were created in PEM. I used
some
tools (openssl x509 stuff and this Java library classes tools) to
convert these PEM certificates to DER. It occurs successfully. BUT,
after specifying in 'user'/.ldaprc the DER files, I get an error
when
trying to start slapd:

TLS: could not load verify locations (file:`/etc/ssl/ca.der',dir:`').
main: TLS init def ctx failed: -1
slapd shutdown: freeing system resources.
slapd stopped.
connections_destroy: nothing to destroy.

I'm using OpenLDAP 2.1.21 with OpenSSL 0.9.7b and Phaos SSLava Java
Kit.

How can I solve this problem?

Fernando Martins Mano