Re: slapd crashing with password change -- addendum

Hello Suomi

> have you removed all you old stuff from the directories? usually, as i
> noticed, a simple "make tidy" or similar won't do.
> example: this afternoon i created apache-2.0.47. and after compilation
> was complete, and we were ready to create the rpm package (i never do a
> simple make;make install: i always create an rpm package), it said
> "Illegal file permission", nothing else and dead.
> only when i removed (rm -r *, not make tidy or similar) everything, it
worked.
> try to clean up and then redo the make.

Yes, I was removed with the radical way: rm -Rf /usr/local/sasl2 (I don´t
trust in "make tidy" too).
Unfortunatly, the problem persists.
Thanks a lot for your attention. I tried to recompile and reinstall the
Berkeley DB now, but the problem persists... :-(
Best regards