DER Encoding Issue

Hello there

I´m trying to use a Java LDAP library to connect (via TLS/SSL) to an OpenLDAP server. It is required in this library that the certificates are in DER format, but my certificates were created in PEM. I used some tools (openssl x509 stuff and this Java library classes tools) to convert these PEM certificates to DER. It occurs successfully. BUT, after specifying in ‘user’/.ldaprc the DER files, I get an error when trying to start slapd:

TLS: could not load verify locations (file:`/etc/ssl/ca.der',dir:`').

main: TLS init def ctx failed: -1

slapd shutdown: freeing system resources.

slapd stopped.

connections_destroy: nothing to destroy.

I’m using OpenLDAP 2.1.21 with OpenSSL 0.9.7b and Phaos SSLava Java Kit.

How can I solve this problem?

Fernando Martins Mano