Re: Evolution with version 2.1.22

On Sat, 2003-08-30 at 18:12, Edward Rudd wrote:
> Did you make sure you put it BEFORE you define any databases in the
> slapd.conf file? Otherwise it won't take effect..
> The issue is evolution only binds with ldap version 2.. and not version
> 3.. (which baffles me, as to why they can't just check for version 3 and
> use it if available).

I had put the suggestion from Doug, 'allow bind_v2', at the bottom of
the file. Moved it up like you said and all is well again. Had to
restart Evolution a couple of times, though. First change resulted in an
unaccepted password prompt. After restarting a second time, the password
worked. Thanks for the clarification.

--
Robert