Replication, Kerberos, SASL, TLS, slurpd

Hello everyone,

I have some difficulties figuring out how to achieve a setup described in the following scenario:
I have two servers - server1 and server2. server1 is running an LDAP3.3-based application, which I configured to write to a replication log (same as openldap). On server1, I have slurpd "replicating" the entries to iPlanet DS running on server2. The replication is running ok even with TLS. The thing I am concerned about is storing a cleartext password in the configuration file for the slurpd daemon. So I would like to use Kerberos for a single sign on (i.e. slurpd on server1 authenticates just once) with the iPlanet DS running on server2. How do I do this? One note though...i cannot write to the LDAP application running on server1 nor use any other LDAP server on server1.

Thanks in advance for helping me out.

Jim

MSN 8: Get 6 months for $9.95/month http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup