Is it possible self-authentication in Solaris 9?

Dear Sir

I´m designing a network using OpenLDAP. In the beginning, I use one Debian
OpenLDAP server, but the most of services are running in one Solaris 9.
Then, I´m trying to disable the Debian LDAP server transfering this service
to the Solaris 9 box too (for the machine economy :-) ). But I couldn´t to
authenticate the server yet. For other workstations it´s working.
In the Solaris docs, there are one note saying that it´s not possible in
the Solaris LDAP server. But is it possible with OpenLDAP? Has anyone using
one Solaris to authenticate itself?
Thanks for any help.