Re: slurpd 2.1.22+db4.1.25+RH7.2-3 blocks slave' threads (too switch context x86)

Hansjoerg Maurer wrote:

Hi,

I had some problems with signal handling and threads on newer RH kernels (with smbmount, not with ldap)
Setting
export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5
in the startup-skript (of slapd in your case) help with my problems.
Just an idea, I don't know, if it may help in your case...

We are testing with ext2 instead ext3, and after several test (we need do more) found the slapd-slave pretty stable...

... but also we are going to test the "LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5" in the db-4.1.25 and OpenLdap for ext2 is slow than ext3 and sounds me as threads in the db side (I found some core dump with the db_recover and some irrecoverable files after slurpd updates...)

Thanks,
Ignacio

Ignacio Coupeau, Ph.D.     icoupeau@unav.es
CTI, Director              icoupeau@alumni.unav.es