Bcc: ?

Can we please refrain from Bcc'ing the list? If the message is personal, off-topic, or otherwise private, it's easy enough to just message a person. Sometimes the "Reply to: " headers might not point back to the list, for reasons I can't explain, but it's still not hard to copy-paste a person's address into a Reply: or a To: field. I'm getting a steady trickle of mail To: someone else and Bcc: either myself or the list. I do not assume you guys are all just copying me personally on your conversations.... yet <wink>...

We've all got filters set up to handle list traffic, and non-list traffic just adds to the bulk of the junk mail our users sign us up for when they run SoBig and Blaster. (Anybody else want an "administrator" account, cheap?) It's a labor of love to double-check messages from strangers that don't even list us as recipients, and it's poor mailing list etiquette to send them that way. No real harm done, but I'm asking nicely.

--

John Beamon
Systems Administrator