Compiling Openldap on Solaris 8

Good morning list,

I have a small irratating problem when compiling OpenLDAP 2.1.22 and I was wondering if anyone else ha da more permentant fix than the one I have and if so what it is.

When I compile the software everything goes great until it gets to the servers/slapd/back-bdb directory where it fails. The problem is that the compiler is looking for files that end in '.o', but there are only files ending in '.lo'.

There is a workaround whiich is to crete a symbolic link for each file and call it ${file}.o. However whilst this works it means it is not possible to leave the make process as it will break halfway through.

Does anyone have a more permentant answer to this? I will quite happily change any file that needs changing and then generate a patch file, but I am not sure which file to change.

Thanks in advance,

Russell