Re: Compatibility of database files between different versions of OpenLDAP

Terrence:

If you download the OS X Server Manual from Apple's Web sight, they tell you how you can change what attributes and OS X client will look at for such an attribute. So you really just need to find an unused one. The trick is getting the right XML string in there. I had it working for a while, but it took me a while to figure out.

If you look on any OS X machine, you should find Apple's schema files, since OS X comes with OpenLDAP standard. Mine was in /etc/openldap/schema

Once you set up mappings on one client computer using Directory Access, you can "write to server" which basically just creates another OU where it stores that. Then other OS X clients can just grab that mapping and go.

Cheers!
-Joe