JLDAP and Active Directory

I've been using the Mozilla Java LDAP library for some time, but now for a variety of (obvious) reasons I'm considering alternatives. One question stands out:

Is it possible to authenticate/bind to an Active Directory server using the Novell JLDAP or IETF libraries? I only need an authenticated connection for searching, but it would be nice if mroe were possible.

If so, does it require any additional classes that don't come with the distribution? Is there a Howto anywhere?

I know at one time this was not even possible, but I've noticed JNDI has been touting this compatibility. I'd prefer to use the Novell libraries, but I need justification.

Jon Roberts
www.mentata.com