Logging with OpenLDAP

Good evening everyone.

As I continue to work with my LDAP server, I get things working the way I want them to.

However, today, I noticed an interesting thing. It seems that ldap is not logging any information.

I edited my /etc/syslog.conf file and put in the following info:

local4.*                                                /var/log/slapd.log

Ok. It was working regularly by sending info to /var/log/slapd.log

But now its not working as I cannot tail the log to see how it is working.

Does anyone know what could possibly be the problem?

I've tried restarting ldap, but that does not even come up in the log.

ANy ideas?

Jason