quick Slapcat live or not question.

Am I supposed to shut down slapd when I run slapcat? Or am I getting
confused with slapadd or another utility?

I thought someone fixed this so you could run it on a live database. But
somehow I corrupted the database files (I assume because this originally
worked) and slapcat is hanging now in my sync with password file script.

The ONLY thing I think I may have done to screw it up was stop slapcat in
the middle.(could this do it?) But it does stop at the same point which is
1.2G's and about 1/3 of the way through the dump.

(openldap 2.1.22/rh9.0)

Sean

  Sean O'Malley, Information Technologist
  Michigan State University