Search bug

Rats...
  I seem to recall that there was discussion on one of these lists
(possibly ITS, but I can seem to find it) about substring searches with
three or fewer character strings causing problems.

  I think I have that in 2.1.22 on RedHat 9....

  I did a search with the filter '(edupersonnickname=*mad*dog*)' and it
dies after sixty minutes with timelimit exceeded (back-bdb and
edupersonnickname is indexed).  If I search on '*mad dog*', it completes
in less than half a second.

  Can someone refresh my failing memory?

Systems Programmer              | Always remember: You are UNIQUE,
                    === God Bless Us All ===