Re: Missing slapd.conf in redhat 7.3?

All these particular files have to do with the openldap client softwares: ldapsearch, ldapmodify, etc. The slapd.conf does, indeed, come from the openldap-servers package. It's a generally good idea to list "package*" from the cd contents if you're interested. Samba, openssh, telnet, openldap, and a host of other network-aware packages like these are split into client, server, and common/library packages in Red Hat Linux.

-j

Alan Sparks wrote:
Which RPMs did you install?  Did you install openldap-servers?
-Alan

cody wang said:

After I install redhat 7.3, I could not find slpad.conf any where. Do I
need to do any extra steps to let slapd.conf show up?

[root@accounts sbin]# cd /etc/openldap [root@accounts openldap]# ls ldap.conf ldapfilter.conf ldapsearchprefs.conf ldaptemplates.conf [root@accounts openldap]#

Cody Wang Programmer / Analyst California Lutheran University Compaq.Tru64.V51A/R17/Env471/Unidate 6.0/WebAdvisor2.12DMI2.2WebCt4.0Edx2.1/iPlanet6.0SP2 Deploying:OpenLdap/uPortal now

=========== Alan Sparks, UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator <asparks@doublesparks.net>