Re: TLS with MacOS 10.2 OpenLDAP server

Michael Bartosh wrote:

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Dave Lewney wrote:

Does anyone know if the OpenLDAP server (v 2.1.?) that ships with MacOS
10.2 is configured with TLS? I've managed to talk SSL successfully but
attempts to talk TLS fail with ...

ldap_start_tls: Protocol error
	additional info: no request data expected

This is a known issue. It's based 2.1a somehting, I'm not sure if the
error was introduced in the version of OpenLDAP Apple used or by Apple
itself. start_tls doesn't appear to work.

I suspected as much. Is there a patch/download available or is it a case of compiling the OpenLDAP source code?

Dave
--
Dave Lewney
Principal Systems Programmer, Computing Service