Re: Resources/Documentation for Redhat 9 and LDAP Auth

Well the thing is I do not like tarballs, makes things messy. However I am more than capable of making my own RPMS and SPEC files and had already built my own from an admittedly older version of openldap.

I am downloading the rawhide src rpm of openldap. 2.1.22 which I believe is the latest version. I will work from that. Any gotchas here?

Terrence

Brian K. Jones wrote:
Probably the best thing to be said about contemplating a production
OpenLDAP deployment using the RedHat-supplied packages is this:

DON'T.

The versions are outdated, and you haven't a clue as to whether or not
your implementation will do what you want, and if it does, you don't
know what extra niceties might be built in to sacrifice security or
stability. If you look at the source rpm's, and do some general reading
on openldap, you're likely to come to this conclusion yourself.

Glad I could save you some time ;-)
brian.