Re: socket() errors

E. M. Recio wrote:
I am getting the following error:

daemon: socket() failed errno=97 (Address family not supported by protocol)

I've already been to: http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/652.html which said:

This message indicates that the operating system does not support one of the (protocol) address families which slapd(8) was configured to support. Most commonly, this occurs when slapd(8) was configured to support IPv6 yet the operating system kernel wasn't. In such cases, the message can be ignored.

*However* I cannot ignore this message since slapd is not starting at all!

Apparently, it's failing to load the eduperson schema file. But when I use the old one it says:

Starting slapd: /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/eduperson.schema: line 38: AttributeType inappropriate SUPerior: "eduPersonOrgUnitDN"

If anyone has any advice as to how to "upgrade" schema files I would appreciate it. I didn't know that we had to upgrade the schema file because the documentation has not changed in that respect.

Let me know what needs to be done in order resolve this "inappropriate SUPerior" problem. Also an explanation as to why this problem exists would be appreciated cause the syntax for the schema file seems to be correct.

-Elmo