Compilation Errors

I have been attempting to compile the latest stable ldap from OpenLDAP and there seems to be a configuration bug (i.e.: it requires Berkley DB even though I told it not to use Berkley DB.)

./configure --with-ldbm-api=gdbm --enable-tls --enable-aci --without-kerberos --enable-wrappers --enable-slurpd --enable-rlookups --enable-crypt

(I even tried --disable-bdb but it doesn't work, says I must pick a back end even though I selected GDBM.)

checking for db.h... yes
checking for Berkeley DB link (default)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb41)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-41)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4.1)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4-1)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb4)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb)... yes
checking for Berkeley DB thread support... yes
checking Berkeley DB version for BDB backend... no
configure: error: BDB: BerkeleyDB version incompatible

Any help (short of installing the berkley db library) would be appreciated.

-Elmo