Re: Problem Starting with service ldap (redhat 9)

aon.912536921@aon.at wrote:

Problem starting with service ldap (redhat)

I have RH9 installed and the RH9 openldap binary RPMs (openldap-xxx-2.0.27-8);
when I'm starting the openldapserver with the startscript
(service ldap start) an ldapsearch or an ldapadd is not working (not found).
When I start the server with /usr/sbin/slapd then ldapsearch and ldapadd
are working correctly.

What it sounds like is that the location of the ldap database on your drive is different depending on whether you start it from service ldap start, and when you start ldap manually.

By default, the redhat location for the ldap database is /var/lib/ldap - find out where your database is stored now (hint: search for a file called objectClass.dbb on your system somewhere) and move those files to /var/lib/ldap, making sure the file ownership and permissions are correct (user/group ldap/ldap).

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street