Re: Different TLSVerifyClient possible?

Dieter Kluenter <dieter@dkluenter.de> writes:
> Martin Lesser <admin-openldap@better-com.de> writes:
> > For the slapd running on 127.0.0.1 I want to reduce TLSVerifyClient to
> > never so only the slapd serving the external adress strictly depends on
> > a valid client-cert. Otherwise I had to generate a client-cert for each
> > local service which uses ldap.
> Set TLSVerifyClient allow in slapd.conf and TLS_REQCERT try in your
> hosts /etc/openldap/ldap.conf. Thus you only have to generate
> client-certs for each host and not for each service.

I don't think that would solve the problem: With 'TLSVerifyClient allow'
also clients which don't have a valid cert are able to connect. On the
external interface this it what I don't want - under no
circumstances. Furthermore I want that invalid external connections are
terminated as early as possible, a failing handshake would do that.

I try to achieve two - perhaps contradictory - goals:

1. All _local_ users or services should be able to get all informations
   they need from local slapd without (resource consuming) encryption
   enforced.

2. All _remote_ users must present a valid cert.

Partially I could solve it by applying appropriate ssf-rules to
slapd.conf or the acl's but at least this would break goal #1.

Did I overlook something?

Martin